Community Recovery Management Toolkit is a compilation of guidance, case studies, tools, and training to assist local communities in managing long-term recovery following a disaster. The materials provided in this toolkit are aimed at providing guidance and resources to help local officials and community leaders to lead, organize, plan for, and manage the complex issues of post-disaster recovery.
FEMA - Community Recovery Management Toolkit
Resources for Local Leaders of Recovery
The Community Planning and Capacity Building Recovery Support Function (CPCB RSF) coordinates among its partners to identify resources to assist local communities in recovery efforts. The Community Recovery Management Toolkit provides resources to support a variety of activities that communities will undertake during long-term recovery.
Resources to Organize Following a Disaster
This section provides resources for quickly organizing among local leadership and stakeholders, and engaging and communicating with the public.
Resources to Plan for Post-Disaster Recovery
These resources assist communities in assessing local needs in recovery, carrying out a recovery planning process, and determining projects to support the community’s future vision and priorities.
- Community Recovery Leadership
- Community Engagement and Public Communications
- Organizing and Coordinating among Local Government and Stakeholders
Resources for Managing Recovery
These resources will assist local leadership in managing staffing and financing, and leveraging resources to support recovery strategy implementation.
- Assessments, Data, and Studies
- Integrating Mitigation into Recovery
- Integrating Sustainability into Recovery
- Post-Disaster Recovery Planning
- Decision-Making and Project Evaluation
This section includes links to additional toolkits, training, and other information to assist in the recovery process.
- Staffing and Operating Local Disaster Recovery Management
- Partnerships and Resource Leveraging
- Managing Grants and Financing
- General Recovery Resources
- Sector Specific Resources
- Natural and Cultural Resources