IEDC Economic Recovery Technical Assistance Opportunity - EDA Denver Region
Beginning in 2021, IEDC will be identifying communities by request in the EDA Denver Region to receive economic recovery, resilience, and development support from expert technical assistance panels. These panels of 3-4 experts can visit your community to provide assistance with a wide range of economic development strategies and capacity building. Please submit your information through this form. IEDC will accept requests on a rolling basis.
How it Works
- Your organization identifies economic recovery or resilience needs that could use expert technical assistance or capacity building.
- IEDC works with you to develop a scope of work, goals, and deliverables for a technical assistance project.
- IEDC prepares a panel of experienced economic development professionals to assist you.
- The expert panel conducts a 3-4 day site visit to your community, which involves:
- Interviews and focus groups with community stakeholders.
- Tours of the community and relevant sites.
- Presentation of initial thoughts and recommendations.
- The panel provides a final report within 8-12 weeks of the visit.
- Within a year, IEDC will conduct a follow-up consultation to advise on progress and implementation.
IEDC expert panels may assist with identifying strategies that focus on one or more of the following economic development functions:
- Strategic planning
- Economic diversification strategies
- Business retention, expansion and attraction
- Entrepreneurship and small business development
- Real estate redevelopment and land-use planning
- Downtown and neighborhood revitalization
- Marketing, branding, and communications
- Workforce development
- Financing and funding programs
- Organizational or program development
- Infrastructure development
- Industry and technology-led strategies
- Talent attraction strategies
Who is Eligible?
Municipalities, counties, regions, and communities located within counties that received FEMA Major Disaster Declarations between October 1, 2017 and September 30, 2019 and the economic development organizations who serve them are eligible for assistance.
Counties must be located in the following states: Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota.
How to Request:
Please submit your information through this form. IEDC will accept requests on a rolling basis.
Please email Delaney Luna at email@example.com to learn more.
To download the program one-pager, please click here.
To indicate your interest in becoming an economic recovery volunteer or technical assistance panel member, please fill out this form.
For more information about IEDC’s other economic recovery programs, which are available in eligible counties in the EDA Austin, Philadelphia, and Seattle Regions, please see the program brochure here.
To download the Leadership in Times of Crisis Toolkit, please click here.
This program is administered by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) and funded by the U.S. Economic Development Administration.