As many facets of life have been altered by the coronavirus (COVID-19), it is important to ensure that your community knows your EDO can be a resource to them.
If you haven’t created a COVID-19 related message already, please consider using the following template for your website so your community knows how your EDO is continuing to operate, and what resources you can provide as our communities face uncertain and difficult times. Feel free to copy and paste, as well as add additional information pertinent to your community.
Due to COVID-19, [EDO Name] has closed our physical office but we are available via [how you are available] for any assistance needs. We have also suspended all workshops and face-to-face meetings through [date], and will continue to evaluate this rapidly evolving situation. The health and safety of our staff, clients, and community is our top priority. Thank you for your understanding.
(If your organization is conducting a survey)
We have also developed a survey to help us better understand the impacts of COVID-19 on our business community, please take this here.
The following are credible sources to stay up to date on COVID-19:
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• World Health Organization
• Situational Reports – updated continuously
• Johns Hopkins Coronavirus COVID-19 Tracker
• [Link to your State/County Health Department]
[EDO Name] is committed to assisting the businesses in our community as they are impacted by COVID-19. This page is designed to help the economic development leaders, employers and the workforce respond to the challenges and impacts of COVID-19. We would like to help those seeking answers and assistance, while keeping our community safe. Below, we’ve begun to compile a list of programs and resources and we will continue to update with additional resources as they become available.
• Disaster Assistance from the federal government (SBA)
• Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers from the CDC
• COVID-19 Business Preparedness Checklist from the U.S. Chamber
• Workplace Safety Guidelines from U.S. Department of Labor
• Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 from U.S. Department of Labor
[Please list below other state/county/ local resources or resources available in your community]
Other things to keep in mind:
• Guidance on communication practices during a crisis
• If your EDO hasn’t already created a survey for your business community, here is a survey template to assist you in learning more about the impact COVID-19 is having on your business community
• Do you have a scheduled board meeting in the near future? Consider using video conferencing or a conference call instead.